HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Saturday, November 28, 2009

RURAL JAPAN, KANAGAWA PREFECTURE 1961

I JUST DISCOVERED A FEW HUNDRED EKTACHROMES TAKEN WHILE IN JAPAN AND I HOPE TO BE POSTING THEM AS TIME GOES BY........

Shortly after arriving in Japan, I purchased a little 90cc motorcycle, more akin to a Moped, but yet a motorcycle. For a guy who liked to get out in the country and shoot photos, it was the perfect little bike. It was difficult to get a passenger on the back, and within a few months, I no longer felt like sketching alone.

The cycle went for $25. Yes, some romantic young artist must still be motoring around the rural areas at this moment. My only fear, however, is that most of the rural area has disappeared. Such is youth; such is progress as time goe by.

No comments: