HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Japanese_flag-Love

Japanese_flag-Love by Admin de L'Art
Japanese_flag-Love, a photo by Admin de L'Art on Flickr.

This is an uplifting image and one that I know is true to the nature of Japan.

Japan is a nation that is peaceful, joyful and one that will surely overcome their recent natural disasters.

Look how quickly Japan grew into the second largest world economy out of a heap of ashes.

I love Japan with all my heart. I spent almost three years stationed in Japan in the early 60s and not one time was I ever shown the least disrespect. I traveled alone much of the time the first year I was in Japan; I went into the darkest areas of Tokyo at midnight, and not once was I ever fearful. Japan is the only nation on earth where this could have happened. To this day, I remember this, a fact that continually increases my respect and love for Japan.

No comments: