HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shinjuku

Shinjuku by Atom Malchick
Shinjuku, a photo by Atom Malchick on Flickr.

SHINJUKU BY ATOM MALCHICK...

Oh, man, your photos are just cool, really cool. I am going to have to get on a JAL real soon. You shoot some winners. Thanks for sharing these masterpieces.

This is one of my favorites, but there is something about Japanese bars in the narrow alleys that has always attracted me from the time I first saw one, in August of 1961.

Maybe it is the Sapporo, the Ashai, The Suntory, the Ocean Whisky, I don't know, but it just might have to do with the beauty of the beautiful young ladies who bow, smile and say something like?

What is the phrase for welcome?

No comments: