HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Thursday, November 3, 2011

THE BEGINNING OF A SUPER ECONOMY IN JAPAN

From the ruins of a devastated nation to one of the world's super economic powers. There are many nations that might well learn much about Japan. It is not Japan's natural resources that has made it a success, it is Japan's character.



Unless a nation has character, it will remain poor and hopeless. There are many factors here that some nations will never understand because they have decided to hate free enterprise and especially American democracy.

I have more admiration for Japan than any other nation on earth, except my own USA. Having lived in Japan for more than two years in the early 60s, I recall the energy that was exhibited by the people rebuilding a nation.

I frequently traveled from Atsugi to Yokohama and Tokyo by train and watched the progress. I saw piles of glass of different colors almost everywhere. I asked my close friend what it was and what it all meant. She told me that it was "saving glass for making new glass." Now, looking back, I realize it was recycling.

When walking around Yoiohama as I so frequently did, I saw workers building one project after another. There was always the sounds one hears around men involved in construction. On more than one occasion, I was offered to share a bit of lunch with workers who did not speak English but extended friendship in the strange fare of fish and rice in various forms. At the time, I thought it a nice thing to do; in retrospect, I realize it was much more than something simply nice or polite. Yes, I harbor many deep and wonderful emotions when I think of Japan.

By Robert L. Huffstutter

I now have a public group called BLOGABOUTJAPAN which appears in the Flick Photostream. It is open to those who would enjoy posting positive photos, art and information about Japan.

No comments: