HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Saturday, June 23, 2012

雑貨屋

雑貨屋 by kasa51
雑貨屋, a photo by kasa51 on Flickr.

Another great photo. I am so glad these older buildings remain. It is how I feel about the older buildings in the USA also. I like the structures from the older eras.

One thing about some of your photography is the contrast you provide. While this photo could be very similar to an old woodblock print, a Hiroshige, for example, some of your work features very modern and contemporary architecture

This is a scene I could have seen nearly 50 years ago. There are really no signs that I can see that identifies it as taken only a few days ago. This is, in my opinion, a classic photo of old Japan, or old Yokohama.

I especially like the three levels that appear, two from the roofs, the third from the awning. I love the colors,the deep red of the roof; I like the weathered wooden wall at the right.

Yes, everything in this photograph is pleasing to my eye,thus I find joy in viewing this work.

________________________________________

雑貨屋 by kasa51

No comments: