HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Thursday, December 13, 2012

And the leaves that are yellow turn to red

When I look at your photo of the beautiful leaves, I remember the leaves of three Japanese autumns long ago. I have often asked myself why I left Japan, but I had no choice, my tour was over and it was time to board an old Liberty ship for my journey across the Pacific to my homeland.

The crossing took ten days and gave me time to reflect on how my life had changed during the years I had spent in the Kanagawa prefecture, an area very much akin to my state of Missouri. The ship sailed beneath the Golden Gate and into San Francisco Bay on my 22nd birthday. It was good to be home again, but there was so much I missed about Japan.

Yes, the leaves of Missouri also change colors in the Autumn, but there is something different about the leaves of Japan that reminds me my youth, a youth spent in Japan. Youth flees as quickly as the leaves change colors no matter where we happen to be.
_________________________________

And the leaves that are... by kasa51

No comments: