HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH

HIROSHIGE AND VAN GOGH
Read About Van Gogh's Secret Visit to Japan

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN

WELCOME TO BLOGABOUTJAPAN
IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME IN MY LIFETIME

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...

APT WITH TATAMI MATS, a special time in my lifetime in Japan...
Watercolor by R.L.Huffstutter

COMPARISONS IN ART

COMPARISONS IN ART
HIROSHIGE'S WORK ON LEFT, VAN GOGH'S ON RIGHT

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW

YOKOHAMA PICTURE SHOW
Shot with my Petri in Yokohama 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962

RICE FIELD IN JAPAN 1962
I took this with my PETRI in Kanagawa Prefecture

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Matsuzakaya PX

Matsuzakaya PX by Mustang Koji
Matsuzakaya PX, a photo by Mustang Koji on Flickr.

The main street of Tokyo, it was a
"must see" for me.

I clearly remember my New Year's eve at an expensive and upscale club on the Ginza on New Year's eve of 1961/1962.

This was before I met the young lady of my dreams, so I spent the evening with one of my best Navy friends. Shortly after our big party on that New Year's eve, he was commissioned as a Lieutenant-Junior Grade and sent to Naval Aviator's flight school in Pensacola. Had my eye sight been 20/20, I would have enjoyed the same duty, but I would never have met the young lady that still makes my life sweet by simply remembering her.

Life is full of joys and contradictions, but I must accredit much to Fate.

The Ginza, with its many lights must surely be quite different today than it was on New year's Eve of 1961.
___________________________________
THANKS TO MY FRIEND KOJI KANEMOTO, for permission to post this photo. It was taken by his father, a Seargeant in the U.S.Army whose duties helped Japan reconstruct the nation throughout the Occupation.
___________________________________
Matsuzakaya PX by Mustang Koji

No comments: